Girls on the Run was a great life-changing decision. When I first started GOTR, I thought it was all about running, but it’s really about
making the right decisions in life.
Student & Girls on the Run member
“Girls on the Run was a great life-changing decision. When I first started GOTR, I thought it was all about running, but it’s really about making the right decisions in life.”
In third grade, I didn't have many friends. I felt I was a weak person and always doubted myself. Once I started Girls On the Run, I began making great friends that I could talk to and run with. Now every day, I try to have a confident attitude and a great smile.
In my first 5k, I came in last place, it took me 45 minutes and 25 seconds. My mom told me that is nothing to be upset about, just learn from it and get stronger. After 8 seasons, at my last GOTR practice 5k, I tied for 1st place!
I can't possibly say thank you enough to all my past and present coaches. Thank you Coach McIntire and Coach Shier – I have known you both since I was a baby and you have taught me to keep a good (running) pace, choose my friends wisely and make wise decisions. You have always made me feel safe, to love myself and to be proud of myself. You have been my inspiration. I have had a great season with girls I love, and will never forget.
The mission of Girls on the Run is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Did you know
- Thirty-One Gives has invested in Girls on the Run to help reach 200,000 girls annually
- More than 90,000 Thirty-One products have been donated to Girls on the Run councils in the U.S.
- Our funds help GOTR provide financial assistance to 44% of all Girls On the Run participants
- Thirty-One Gifts Consultants across the U.S. supported their local GOTR councils by coaching, volunteering at 5Ks, hosting fundraisers, bringing GOTR to their schools and enrolling their daughters in the program
- Thirty-One Consultants have celebrated Girls on the Run 5K participants in true Thirty-One style by attending races and events across the U.S.
- Girls on the Run participants completed Vision Boards and received a Thirty-One product at the end of the races
- Thirty-One Gifts was featured on all Girls on the Run program T-shirts in the 2017-18 season. Shirts were distributed to over 250,000 girls and coaches
- Girls on the Run is coming to Canada in 2018! We are currently working together to identify council locations & interested leaders!