Consultant Feature: Leading with HER Heart
Many people spend their whole lives searching for their purpose or passion. Director Megan Bryson is lucky enough to have found hers, and through it she has given back and touched the lives of hundreds of children and families around the world.
Several years ago, Megan was introduced to Operation Christmas Child, a program organized by Samaritan’s Purse that sends shoeboxes full of gifts to children in need around the world for Christmas. Gifts can include school supplies, stuffed animals, toys, clothing, shoes, toiletries, totes – anything for boys and girls ages 2-14. Thousands of shoeboxes are donated and collected by churches and other groups every year.
“I went from packing two to three boxes several years ago to 740 boxes this past year, with a goal of 1,000 boxes, God willing, in 2018!” Megan says. “With each box packed, we’re helping these children to grow into strong and confident individuals...all with the help of a simple shoebox gift.”
As a mother of three young girls ages 5, 7 and 9, Megan is also passionate about the Gives mission, and she strives to share that mission with her children. She hopes to teach them not only to be gracious and kind but also strong and confident. As someone who has dealt with anxiety and depression for years, she wants to help her children and children everywhere live happy and fulfilling lives.
“I want to help my girls build a strong foundation in their faith, make sure they realize their worth and teach them how blessed we truly are, all while showing the importance of giving back to those in need,” Megan says.
For her giving heart and dedication to both Thirty-One and Operation Christmas Child, Megan was chosen to receive the 2018 Heart of Her Award. Thirty-One Gives will donate $10,000 to Operation Christmas Child in her honor to help continue its mission of spreading love and hope to children everywhere.
Gives Care Council
- Kim Washington, National Executive Director, Florida
- Gretchen Manmiller, Senior Executive Director, Pennsylvania
- Melissa Dodge, Executive Director, Nebraska
- Lisa Jones, Executive Director, Michigan
- Kelly Smith, Executive Director, Oregon
- Tiffany Wellinghoff, Executive Director, Ohio
- Kelsey Egan, Senior Director, Connecticut
- Stacey Hicks, Senior Director, Virginia
- Tami JBeily, Senior Director, California
- Natalee Tokar Lubberts, Senior Director, Ontario, CA
- Brittney Biddle, Director, Georgia
- Tanya Law, Director, Alberta, CA
- Brishundra McGrier, Director, Ohio
- Jill Rhea, Director, Texas
- Laura Shuler, Director, North Carolina