Join for an extra 31% OFF! Ends Feb 15. GO GO GO
8 ways to take your style from summer to fall
Too hot for sweaters, too cold for spaghetti straps. What’s a fashionista to do?
When the calendar says fall but the weather report hasn’t quite caught up, dressing for the season can be a challenge. But with some simple swaps and creative styling, you can make your summer staples work well into autumn!
Try these seven tips and tricks to transition your wardrobe as we head into fall:
1. Start with simple swaps. Begin your summer-to-fall transition by packing away your flip-flops and bringing out the suede booties, or trading an airy cardigan for a structured blazer at work. Add a breathable scarf to any outfit for another signal that fall is on its way.
2. Do a style switch-up. Trade your summery Studio Thirty-One flaps and straps for a neutral color palette that will take you from August to September and beyond. Ikat Bazaar, Twill Stripe and Dotted Geo Pebble are some of our picks.
3. Maximize your maxi. You live in them all summer – so why not stretch maxi dress season? Top your dress with a jean jacket or flowy cardigan, or try a long-sleeved tee under your dress for more coverage.
4. Throw out the color rules. Bright shades like our Fields of Gold Pebble or pastels like Rose Blush Pebble have their place in fall, too! Pair Fields of Gold with navy or turquoise tones and wear Rose Blush with olive tones for a look that transcends season.
5. Play with coverage. When there’s a slight chill in the air, repurpose your summer staples. Wear a longer knit tee under your favorite crop top, rock a wrap dress over jeans, and break out the tights to keep your summer skirts in the rotation.
6. Carry your bag into fall. Was our Statement Canvas Shopper your go-to bag this season? No need to leave it at the beach! Neutral materials like canvas, rope and twills can transition your tote seamlessly from your summer getaway bag to your everyday fall tote.
7. Add some edge. Stay warm, look cool! Cut the sweetness of summer sundresses and rompers with a military-style cargo jacket in taupe or olive, or a cropped moto jacket. This look can be easily dressed up or down with your accessories – think chunky jewelry or sneakers vs. heels.
8. Style your home. It’s not quite time to break out the pumpkins and leaves, but you can subtly show the change of seasons with something as simple as our Statement Canvas Pillows. We especially love our succulent-themed print designs!