Earn holiday cash! Join for $18, only in Oct. LEARN MORE
Micromanage your purse
Don’t let your favorite tote or crossbody purse become a random catch-all for your everyday essentials. Rummaging around for some change or your lipstick while in line or in a hurry can be frustrating, so we’ve put together a few tips and management essentials for how to keep all those loose odds and ends organized.
Start with a little cleaning, purging and inventory.
STEP 1: DO A DEEP CLEAN
- Take everything out and give it a good shake over a trashcan
- Wipe it out with a damp cloth
- Pitch everything you don’t need or use
STEP 2: SORT EVERYTHING INTO PILES
Keep similar types of items together. Here are a few suggestions for categorizing your purse contents.
- Contacts accessories and eyecare needs
- Money, change, credit cards
- Phone, ear buds, electronics
- Hair clips and accessories
- Lotions, hand sanitizer, lip balm
- Pens, paper pads, shopping lists, coupons
- Bandages, first aid items
STEP 3: SHOP ORGANIZING SOLUTIONS
Visit the accessories collection on mythirtyone.com to find the best storage solutions for your size purse or tote. Get enough pouches and wallets to hold all your purse categories.
A Few More Purse Management Tips
- Keep miscellaneous items in their own pouch
- Put things away in their dedicated place immediately
- Clear out your purse once a week
- Avoid picking up free samples and packets
- Be more selective about what you take with you
- Keep all your receipts in one place
- Pack the items you use the most first
- Avoid the notion that “anything goes” with a big bag